Wednesday, August 31, 2011

THE BACKSEAT DRIVER



The view from the backseat: Gab driving us to the clinic (May 16, 2011)

Ever since my boys learned to drive, I have become a backseat driver 
(literally and figuratively). I panic too much and when that happens, I talk too much too, but it has lessened over time.

It was a weird feeling when they finally got their driver's license. I was both happy and sad at the same time. Happy because they can take their own trips to the barber shop, drive to their games , save on driver's salary and gas by as much as 20K a month or even get them to do some little errands.
But, I am also sad because this is another reminder that soon, 
my boys will be full-grown men. 

Joshua is still 6 months away from getting his non-PRO so I get to bring him to his activities even if he is the one driving so I still have a few more months until I get into the "I-feel-useless" mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment